Stránky

Monday 15 August 2011

Best Leading Actor 2009

5. Jeremy Renner - The Hurt Locker
You may think I'm crazy, but I really think this. He was actually not bad, but this is a kind of a performance where nothing is really to play. I think that he's just himself all the time. I know it doesn't mean he was bad (and he wasn't), but I think he didn't do very much for this role...

4. Jeff Bridges - Crazy heart
I don't see any reason to make films like Crazy heart is. We have seen the theme of it in a thousands of other films, so it made me bored many times before. And that's the biggest problem with Bridges's performance. It made me bored just like the whole film. He plays actually himself in Crazy heart, so he cannot play it badly, but he didn't do anything special. Solid performance...

3. George Clooney - Up in the air
In Up in the air Clooney is very charming as usual. But I can't help myself, but I've got a feeling that he is playing the same character for a few years. He is the same middle-aged frustrated man. His performance was very good and I enjoyed it, but because it is enough for the film and it fits into it. But he should try to play differently, because sooner or later it´ll start to bore...

2. Morgan Freeman - Invictus
Some people say that he has a terrible accept in Invictus. I say he has a great and convincing accent in Invictus. He is the main reason to see Invictus in my opinion and he shows us a perfect piece of the acting. As Nelson Mandela he is greatly authoritative and charming. Just like he had to be...


 1. Colin Firth - A Single man

If this performance was played by somebody else it could very possibly be overacted and failed performance. But not in Firth's hands. Before I've seen A Single man I thought that Firth is a good actor for romantic comedies. Now I think that he is a great dramatic actor. His performance is very realistic and full of emotions. And the end of the film is just...fantastic.

My Nominees:
1. Tobey Maguire - Brothers
2. Colin Firth - A Single man
3. Morgan Freeman - Invictus
4. Daniel Day-Lewis - Nine
5. Robert Downey Jr. - Sherlock Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment